Friday, July 1, 2011

lean on


here, you lean on me and I'll lean on you
the hours are long but our days are few
and troubles are heavy and so hard to bare
so let's lean together and learn how to share

here, you lean on me and I'll lean back
the pains are too many to ever keep track
and we can't decide how to act or deal
so let's lean together to help how we feel

here, you lean on me and I'll lean as well
the heartache is not very quick to dispel
and the past has some grievances left to atone
so let's lean together and not be alone

here, you lean on me and I'll lean the same
the world keeps on turning and no one's to blame
and we are but grains in a great sea of sand
we lean on eachother, but it's faith where we stand


--written by me, inspired by my husband.   Photograph was taken by the wonderful and beautiful Que Brown, who was the doula who attended the birth.  She took this picture while I was in the early stage of active labor and I just think the picture alone is worth a thousand words...but I wrote a poem anyway. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words as always! and beautiful photo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious. What beautiful words an images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's awesome and I LOVE the picture. What a great pairing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you my friend are on my heart this morning. you are so beautiful and kind and so inspiring to so many people. i'm thankful i know you.

    ReplyDelete